This is for serious garlic lovers. The chicken bakes out so moist and tender! Grated cheese may be sprinkled on top of the breast the last 5 minutes of cooking if desired but that is optional. Double all ingredients for more than four breasts and adjust the amount of garlic to suit taste. For the coating amount you might be able to get away with 5 or maybe 6 very small chicken breasts, but I would suggest to increase the amount slightly --- to take this dish to yet another level, about 10 minutes before the cooking time is finished, drizzle the top of the chicken with a little pasta sauce, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Return to oven for about 10 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked and sauce is hot and cheese has melted. For a lemon-garlic flavor add in 3 tablespoons lemon juice to the melted butter/garlic mixture ---
*NOTE* for a healthier alternative Smart Balance Butter Blend may be used in place of the melted butter --- you will love this chicken!
Kittencal's Moist Cheddar-Garlic Oven Fried Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (can use more or less)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided (garlic lovers can use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or can use white salt)
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (seasoned or plain)
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional and use any amount desired, or can use shredded mozzarella cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan (if using more than 4 breasts use a larger pan).
- In a bowl, combine melted butter with fresh minced garlic, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the dry breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder and coarse ground black pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
- Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through, larger breasts may take more time (placing the chicken on a rack in a pan will produce an extra crispy crust).
- Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella the last 5 minutes of cooking (this is only optional.