Crunchy, popable potato balls with an ooey gooey, cheesy center. Seriously. As if game day isn't enough fun already.
VELVEETA® Potato Bites
- 2 lb. baking potatoes (about 6), peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
- 1-1/2 cups TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa
COOK potatoes in boiling water in large saucepan 15 to 20 min. or until tender; drain. Cool 10 min. Mash potatoes until smooth. Add onions, egg and pepper; mix just until blended.
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Empty coating mix into pie plate. Roll potato mixture into 24 balls, using about 2 Tbsp. for each. Insert 1 VELVEETA cube into center of each ball, completely enclosing VELVEETA. Add, 1 at a time, to coating mix; turn to evenly coat. Place on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 14 to 16 min. or until heated through. Serve with salsa.
Substitute 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives for the green onions