After not being able to find restaurant ribs that satified my hot sweet appetite, I carefully attempted various combinations of flavors until I found one that I and my family thought was perfect. Hope you enjoy them too
Should Be Illegal Oven BBQ Ribs
Yield: 3.0 lbs Ribs
- 3 lbs pork back ribs
- 1 (8 ounce) jar honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, grated or finely chopped
- 12 ounces barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Place all ingredients together in large roasting pan (i use bottom of turkey roaster).
- Cut ribs apart for easier serving.
- Mix together making sure to coat all ribs with this semi-dry paste.
- Spread ribs out evenly on bottom of pan.
- cover lightly with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
- Turning or stirring occasionally.
- You can use broiler for these ribs, just watch more closely, and adjust cooking time.
- These ribs are also great finished on the grill for a few minutes on each side.