Snickerdoodles Cookie





I made this by hand since my hand mixer bit the dust, cookies were moist and tasty. This was the first time I made them. I love having these cookies with coffee. Plenty of friends have asked me for this recipe.

Snickerdoodles Cookie

Yield: about 20 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.

With a handheld or standing mixer, beat together the shortening and butter. Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and blend until smooth.

Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the dough, by hand, into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar. Flatten the balls into 1/2-inch thick disks, spacing them evenly on unlined cookie sheets. Bake until light brown, but still moist in the center, about 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.

1 Response to "Snickerdoodles Cookie"

  1. I baked these yesterday. Fantastic recipe! I cooked a little less than 12 min

    ReplyDelete