Spicy seasoned sausage mixed with cream cheese and wrapped in crescent rolls. For a different variation, add thin slices of pepperoni on the bottom of crescent roll before the sausage mixture and shred cheddar on top of sausage; roll pastry over
Sausage Crescent Rolls
makes 20 servings
- 1 pound fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, lightly brown sausage and drain. While sausage is still hot, add cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Cool completely.
- Separate crescent rolls and arrange into two rectangles. Form log of sausage mixture lengthwise down center of each rectangle.
- Fold over the long sides of pastry to cover sausage log. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, seam down. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake 20 minutes until crust is golden. When completely cooled, slice into one and one-half inch slices.