There's actually an entire layer of Oreo cookies in the middle of these brownies, an awesome surprise for any Oreo-lover (and who doesn't love Oreos?). That Oreo cookie layer, a smattering of chocolate chips and pockets of hot fudge, plus cookies 'n' cream ice cream in the batter, make these brownies super decadent.
Best of all: They're really easy to make, particularly if you use a box mix for the brownies. The bulk of your time here will be spent hovering by the oven as they bake, inhaling that chocolaty smell and salivating.
I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix not just because that's what the blogger who originally posted the recipe used, but also because it's delicious, AND it comes with chocolate chips inside, which saved me the admittedly non-difficult step of tossing a handful of chocolate chips in the batter myself.
Cookies ‘N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix)
- Eggs & oil (as called for by the brownie mix)
- 1 heaping half cup (6 oz) cookies & cream ice cream
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping (chilled or room temp)
- Double Stuf Oreos
- Preheat oven according to box directions & spray an 8×8 baking dish generously with cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed on the back of the box, but do not add the water.
- Add ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking dish, layer with Oreos, then top with remaining batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes or as directed on the back of the box.