This is an old recipe from back when you counted portions and not points. I love this dish. I figured it has 7 pts
Ww Parmesan Chicken With Mushroom-Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate combine flour, Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating both sides and reserving any remaining flour mixture.
- In 10-inch skillet heat 1 1/2 tsps oil over medium-high heat; add onions and garlic and saute until onions are softened.
- Add mushrooms, basil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to plate and set aside.
- In same skillet heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil; add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in any reserved flour mixture; gradually add wine and water and, continuing to stir, bring mixture to a boil.
- Return mushroom mixture to pan and cook until heated through.