This is a wonderful, quick and tasty supper that is always a hit when we serve it. You can always prepare the casserole the night before, pop it into the refrigerator and cook it the next day. Enjoy!
Tuna Mushroom Casserole
makes 6 servings
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Then add tuna, mushrooms and pasta. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into greased casserole dish.
- In another mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter and thyme. Mix well. Sprinkle over the tope of the mixture.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.