Good and creamy,.. rich delicious comfort food! The cream of celery soup gave a nice flavor, got it from my bosses wife who got it from her mother-in law.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, with juice
- Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.