I am always searching for easy and different kid-friendly recipes; this one definitely fits the bill. I may tinker with the recipe a little next time - adding onions and mushrooms to the sauce, but only for fun. I made this for my family last night for dinner and there wasn't a bit left. The whole family agrees that this is a definite do-over. Even the picky ones ate every bite. EASY to make and the flavor is really good.
The Very Best Salisbury Steak
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbells French onion soup
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 -3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper.
- Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties.
- Pour off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.
- Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
- Pour over meat in skillet.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.