This is one of our "I want something different tonight" favorites. So VERY good! This is very similar to my veal parmesan I make. I had to cook my chicken quite a bit longer only because they were too thick. We all enjoyed this recipe very much, With a salad of mixed Italian greens and Texas toast, it was perfect!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- Pound chicken to flatten.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs.
- Fry in butter in hot skillet, turning and browning for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from skillet.
- To skillet add spaghetti sauce.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Add chicken.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side of spaghetti.